Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Friday, September 13, 2013

Growing out my hair




My journey as a natural has been good, I have challenged my hair in every possible way. My biggest grief has been the shrinkage, but for the most part it has been easy. I cut my hair every 4 months, and  I wear protective hair styles 60% of the time and I keep my hair very Moistened so I don’t get very many split ends. But keeping my hair at 13 inches has been a priority for me, due to tangles and manageability. So growing my hair to me waist has never been a desire, and with my growth pattern, it may not be achievable. But I have decided to jump on the bandwagon of growing out my hair to see just how long I can grow it out. My current length is 13”. I have chosen a half wig for a protective style, it allows me to wear my hair in braids, and keep my ends protected.

May of 2013;  here is my hair length:




My Regimen:
Co-wash/detangle hair every Friday with Herbal Essence Honey I’m Strong, Then I shingle my hair with Mixed Chicks Deep conditioner and castor oil. I sit under the dryer with a plastic cap, for 15 minutes, and then a braid my hair in 6 braids and keep it that way for a week. Once a month I mix my co-wash with apple cider vinegar and baking soda for a clarifying clean, but only after I have soaked my hair in Olive oil the night before. I also conduct a Henna treatment every 4 weeks.
I will do another length check in November.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! Keep it up and let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete