Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Friday, September 27, 2013

Would you grow out your hair and then Cut it all off?

OKDani.com

As you guys know I am finally deciding to grow out my hair. I am very happy with the shoulder length hair that I have and I have to say that it is manageable just as it is....but I've gotten board. Although, I am not sure if its in my "Genes" to grow hair down to my waist, I'm not above trying. So I have been inspired by Danielle Faust and have watched her effortlessly grow hair down to her waist.

OKDani.com

OKDani.com


Recently, she began pondering over doing something different to her hair......one option was cutting it all off. Now I have to tell you I am not afraid of cutting my hair. I get my hair cut every 4 months....It grows back, right? But could I cut off over 52" of healthy hair.  Hey its only hair and it will grow back, in three to five years, whats the big deal. Three to five years   She also donated the hair to an incredible cause.

Here is the video of her cutting her hair:
Short Hair Dont care

She also wrote a blog on donating your hair.
Hair Donations 101

Her end results are beautiful, she stated, that she has care free days again. With caring for a toddler amongst one of the challenges I can understand the need for freedom from the whole hair routine.  Do you think that with all that we endure with taking care of our natural hair....that you would grow bored or tired of the routine. My hair has taken on a life of its own...thus this blog, O.K. I digress, but do you think that you could cut your hair in such a drastic manner, what are your thoughts?

New Care Free Hair.



1 comment:

  1. Maybe when I get there and see all the work that goes into cating for it. I only uave 9-10" and that keeps me occupied! I don't think I would go that short but keep it at the longest managable length!
    Where are the photos???
    Aaaaargghh!!!

    ReplyDelete