Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Friday, September 20, 2013

Wash and Go style with a Braided head band





Hola Chicas,
I am excited that it is Friday, since I am doing the protective style I decided to reach into my vault and review a cool twist on my wash and go hair style.  
When I wake up in the Morning I take a shower and co-wash my hair, most of the time I will use She Moisture curl enhancer and eco styling gel and I have great bouncy curls. I walk out of the house and my hair slowly begins to get bigger. By the end of the day, I am usually a chia pet and I quietly put my hair in a bun. I don’t typically do twist outs, but I really like how long they last, so I wanted to create the same curls using a wet and go style, only I wanted to get a longer wear time out of it so. That means more product, but I get the hold and bounce that I need for it to last. 
 Here is what I do:
I co-wash my hair with Herbal Essence Honey I’m Strong. I have to say that this is the best detangler that I have used, it has great slip!
I then squeeze out the excess water gently with your hands. I section the hair off and shingle the hair with Shea Moisture, Eco Olive Oil gel and smooth and shine curl activator. It’s important to get an even amount on each strand. The purpose of each of the products is,  one for Moisture (She Moisture), One for oil/Moisture (Smooth and shine curl activator) and one for hold (eco styling gel), shingling will allow every strand to receive the product. Once I have completed that I section the hair in 4 and place the lotta body mouse on the hair because it seals in the moisture and style it.

The twist is, I part my hair on the front were I would normally part my bang and I braid it and use it as a head band.


The key to getting long wear from the style is to completly dry the hair. I like to use a diffuser in order to get more volume, but I have found if I leave the hair in place I get more wear out of it, and I can have my volume the 3rd  or 4th day.




I have gotten 3 days out of this style and its poofy thereafter, but I can add aloe vera juice and olive oil with a spray bottle and I get rid of the frizz, but I have to do this everyday.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment