Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Friday, November 8, 2013

Dry Braid out



Happy Friday Chula's. Last night I decided to take down my Goddess braids and prepare my hair for a dry braid out. So, I sectioned my hair in 4 parts and I used Shea Moisture curl enhancer, Castor Oil and Eco styling gel on dry hair. I applied each, one at a time to the sections. Then, I braided my hair in 5 braids and rolled the ends with rods.


I carefully unbraided the hair with no separation, I just tuneded upside down and shook my head back and forth.



Its about 70 degrees today and very little humidity, so I am curious as to how the curls will hold as well as  how much Frizz I will encounter. With a wet braid out I get beautiful frizzles curls that last up to 4 days, with the dry braid out, I am lucky to make it through the day, during the summer. 

Here is what I looked like before I left the house


This is what they look like after I made it to the office.

I don't think that this will last all day, maybe I didn't use enough gel, but I didn't want to use too much for fear that it would not dry by morning. I don't use heat on my hair very often, but I am thinking that if I try this again, I may use more gel and sit under the dryer for 20 minutes, because I want more hold.


UPDATE: after 6 hours my hair became poofy and undefined, so I put my hair away. Next time I will try a twisting balm or defining cream, to help hold my curls.