Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Friday, November 15, 2013

Another way to extend your twist out while protecting your hair.



Hola Chulas, I am always trying to create ways to protect my hair, and look great doing it! As my twist out gets older, I recently tried to find easy ways to wear it, while keeping it protected. 

 Protective hairstyling is not just to protect the hair, but also to create low manipulation for the hair. Although I get a lot of frizz towards the end of my twist out or braid out, I find my hair to be very stretched.  With the stretched hair I have been able to create really pretty up dos by pushing my hair up on the top of my head and tucking the ends under. But with doing this I had to smooth the hair down using my Denman Brush, causing more manipulation than I wanted.  So I found a large crochet head band that covered enough of my hair that there was no smoothing, and the band was tight enough to hold my hair in a ponytail, so I didn’t have to use a hair bow to hold the hair. From there, I just tucked in my ends.

Here is what I did:




I used a crotchet head band, that I bought from my local beauty supply store.


Pull your hair to the top of your head using only your hands an olive oil (no combs or brushes), then wrapped the hair in a bun.



 (You can use a temporary tie to hold the hair), Smooth down your edges with Argan oil perfect edges, 



then pull the headband over the hair ensuring that the edges are pulled back into the headband.




Take your hair out, and you can wear your bouncy curls or



  pin the ends to complete a protective hair style.




This style takes less than 5 minutes to do, and it can be a great workout hair do, or add some earrings and create a sophisticated up do!



  You can also us a satin scarf to create the same look.

No comments:

Post a Comment