Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Monday, October 7, 2013

Protective Hairstyling: Finding a professional style






Most of us have not only fallen back in love with our hair, but have figured out a hairstyle for every activity, and while I love seeing my curls bounce all over the place , they just won’t do, when I am in a business suit or on the construction field, so what is professional natural hair?  I have to say I get a bit offended when I think about categorizing my hair, so how about we think protective hairstyles. Theses hair styles keep my ends tucked away and I deal with minimal to no manipulation of my hair! My favorite go to hair style is the bun tucked neatly in the back.  I use a knee high stocking and wrap it around my head and pull it back slowly, the thickness of your hair will gather around the stocking and keep it from slipping off. I gather the hair all together and take a bobby pin and tuck in the ends.



I also love the hairzing double combs. I have used them for buns: 



Ponytails: 

French braids:


with this style, I wash and detangle my hair, and braid it in the back and place the comb in to keep the hair held back. When I get home I just remove the come, add oil and moisturizer and tie it down, I get a full week of no manipulation.

I have also incorporated the one braid style, with just wearing one braid in the front and a bun in the back.

I have found several more really cute styles that I have posted on my facebook, check them out!

Natural Chula Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment