Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Thursday, August 21, 2014

All natural products hair journey!

Today, I have finally found my happy place. My quest for healthy hair has been misconstrued with images of silky long curly hair,  that hardly mimics my texture.  The media has perpetuated a predetermined standard of silky thick curls that most natural girls dream of, but what if the realty of you hair is not so defined curls, dull tones, and short hair. Does that mean that your hair is unhealthy,  or even worst not pretty! As I decided to embark on the "only natural products" journey,  I began to analyze what I was trying to achieve,  and have realistic expectations of my hair. For years I have only been able to grow my hair down to my arm pit, and the ends were always thin. After finally realizing that my hair was breaking just as fast as it was growing,  I got the courage to cut the split end and now I have healthy shoulder length hair. My next step was to use the right products. Keeping my hair moisturized,  was my goal, but most of the products I used, worked well, but at the end of the week, I had major build up. I was also still Confused about all of the different chemicals, even in the good brand. So that brings me back to my journey.  I have incorporated only natural products in my hair regimen such as, goat milk prepoo and wash, coconut milk and aloe vera leave in, and my favorite aloe vera juice with rose water, jojoba oil, and rosemary oils spray. For 3 weeks these products are all I have been using. And to be honest my results are not shiny, and silky looking curls, my hair is full of not shiney, undefined curls but my hair is thick and moist and healthy.  I would slather half of the container of my store bought products to get shiny, crinkly curls, and while I had great wash outs and braid outs, I still saw lots of breakage in the sink. I can say that my hair is softer, and I am experiencing less breakage with my homemades. Next we we will talk about each homemade,  and look at results.

No comments:

Post a Comment