Hairstyles

Hairstyles

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My hair regimen.


There are so many products out, that I honestly have monthly changes in what I uses every month. But here is what I do. I co-wash my hair every 5 days. My must have product is shea butter and natural aloe vera gel and of course water! At night I put my hair in two Indian braids and coat each with shea butter. When I awake I moisten my hair with water, smooth it down with shea butter and use Aloe vera gel to add the hold that I need.

Although we all love seeing our hair flowing in the wind, the truth is that as the weather elements whisk through our hair, it causes damage as well as our hair rubbing against our clothes. So for me I wear protective hair styles typically 6 days a week. I try to do hairstyles that have very little tension on my hair as well as making sure the ends are moisturized.

I perform a clarify shampoo once a month; you can accomplish this naturally with a good conditioner, baking soda and vinegar. I will get into some of the products that work for me. And last but not least, I am a henna head. We will explore henna and the benefits, because I feel as though it makes my hair grow!

Here is a protective style that my children laugh at but I feel is very comfortable




3 comments:

  1. Girl keep the Blog going! I'm a true NATURAL Chic....and am loving your view on how to keep it moisturized....
    Your hair looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D, I have a lot of good things that I have found work so well, I cant wait to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Keisha, I thought about going natural but I guess i had an "afro" picture stuck in my head. But I could def do the curly w/o the frizz. I know it's all about training and up keeping. I am looking into the Amino Acids ASAP!!! Thanks for this vital information it's a must pass along to some friends who recently went natural. Thanks girl, keep the tips rolling!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete